Pitch Your Technology and Find Potential Investors
NCI SBIR is interested in connecting SBIR- and STTR-funded companies with potential investors and strategic partners. The NCI SBIR Investor Initiatives program provides selected SBIR/STTR companies with resources to present at national showcases where they can explore partnering and investment opportunities.
Participation in the Investor Initiatives is determined on a competitive basis through annual applications. Submitted applications are eligible for all of NCI’s Investor Initiatives starting in late summer 2023 through spring 2024. NCI also uses the outcomes of this program to recommend companies to the NIH SEED Company Showcase Program. Based on external reviewer feedback of submitted applications, selected companies will receive financial assistance to cover presentation and registration costs at one industry-hosted investor showcase. In the last seven years, more than 205 SBIR/STTR companies were selected to participate in the program.
All small businesses that have received a Phase I NCI SBIR/STTR award in FY2021 or later or received a Phase II NCI SBIR/STTR award in FY2019 or later are eligible to apply. Please note that each company can submit only one application. If a company has received multiple awards, select the project/product with the greatest commercial potential for an investor event. Companies in all developmental stages are welcome to apply.
- Our review team includes about 65–80 venture capitalists/strategic partners. Application reviewers qualified in your technology area may include some of the industry’s top venture capitalists and strategic partners that may be looking for deal flow. Past reviewers have included representatives from AbbVie, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Johnson & Johnson, OrbiMed, Siemens, and Takeda Ventures.
- We will provide detailed feedback based on investor review and discussion for your application, giving you a chance to learn how investors and strategic partners are viewing your technology.
- NCI SBIR will use the external review to identify and recommend companies for all of NCI’s Investor Initiatives in 2023, including industry-specific showcases, depending on the technology area and your product’s developmental stage.
- You could receive financial assistance for presenting at investor forums.
- Your application will inform SBIR program staff on the key parts of your technology in a way that allows us to share your company’s progress and stage with external investors.