Join us at our upcoming workshop, NIH SBIR/STTR Program To Support Innovative Commercial Product Development By Small Businesses and Academic Partners. Program staff from across NIH will provide tailored funding information for innovators from the small business and academic communities who are interested in commercializing their technology and getting it into the clinic. You will need to add this workshop to your program when you register for RSNA. Registration for this workshop is included in the cost of the RSNA registration.
In this interactive workshop, Program Directors from the NCI, NHLBI, and NIBIB will provide perspective on their programs in major disease areas where imaging technology has a role. Small business representatives, faculty members, and post-docs interested in translating their technology from lab to market will receive practical advice and information to increase their responsiveness to SBIR/STTR funding opportunities:
- Introduction to the NIH SBIR/STTR award structure (Phases I, II, and IIB)
- Navigation and completion of the NIH SBIR/STTR application submission process
- Contrasting SBIR grants versus contracts
- Review process - how SBIR/STTR differs from R01 and R21
- Funding opportunities for small businesses AND academic partners
- For academic faculty: navigating the unique features of the university research environment to form a start-up
- Program eligibility and key components for SBIR and STTR applications
- Practical strategies and tips for successful application submission - how to avoid common mistakes
- Supplemental resources to promote external partnerships, investments, and commercialization (e.g., I-Corps at NIH, NCI Investor Forum, Workshop on Federal Resources to Accelerate Commercialization)
- Review of SBIR success stories and advice to leverage SBIR funding for future successes
If you plan to attend, let us tailor your experience. Tell us what you would like to hear from us: http://bit.ly/1Px2srW.