The National Cancer Institute’s Small Business Innovation Research (NCI SBIR) Development Center provides funding, networking, and mentoring assistance to small businesses with early-stage innovative cancer technology projects.
NCI SBIR Team Leader Greg Evans and Program Directors Christie Canaria and Nancy Kamei will present funding opportunities and commercialization resources for entrepreneurs and small businesses during the TMC Accelerator for Cancer Therapeutics webinar.
This presentation is appropriate for both established and emerging entrepreneurs in small businesses or academia interested in moving life science technologies to patients and/or marketplace. The presentation will cover the following topics:
• Overview of SBIR/STTR eligibility requirements
• New and existing funding opportunities from NIH and NCI
• Resources such as the I-Corps™ at NIH Program and Applicant Assistance Program
• Initiatives to help NCI SBIR-funded companies to connect with investors, venture capitalists, strategic partners, and business leaders from the biotech and pharmaceutical industries
• Practical strategies on how to successfully submit competitive research proposals
One-on-One Meeting Opportunities with NCI
NCI SBIR staff are available to meet with select researchers to discuss potential projects one-on-one following the virtual event. Interested parties should send a one-page executive summary/specific aims page to Ashley Francis, TMC ACT Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st.