Have you ever wanted a system that checks your HHS SBIR/STTR grant application for errors BEFORE you submit it?
ASSIST (Application Submission System & Interface for Submission Tracking) is NIH's online system for the preparation, submission, and tracking of grant applications through Grants.gov to NIH. Small businesses may now use ASSIST to submit SBIR and STTR grant applications. ASSIST is not required, so small businesses can still apply using the Grants.gov’s downloadable forms method.
Check out the archived webinar to learn more about how to use ASSIST to prepare, submit, and track your small business grant application.
The SBIR/STTR ASSIST webinar contains information on how to:
· Populate application data from eRA Commons profiles
· Validate your application against NIH business rules prior to submission
· Preview your application images in the NIH format prior to submission
· Track your applications through to eRA Commons to verify agency receipt
· Secure web-based data entry
· Collaboration of multiple users
· Pre-submission validation of many NIH and Grants.gov business rules
· Pre-population of data from eRA Commons profiles
· Pre-submission print/preview of application in NIH format
· Submission status tracking for both Grants.gov and eRA Commons within a single system
· Ability to import subaward budget data from external sources
· Ability to copy application data (excluding attachments) from one announcement to another
Funding opportunity announcements posted in the NIH Guide for Grants & Contracts that allow ASSIST as an option contain an "Apply Online Using ASSIST" button in addition to the "Apply Using Downloadable Forms" button.
The following resources are available to help applicants prepare their applications using ASSIST:
Direct all notice inquiries to:
NIH Grants Information
Direct requests for ASSIST support to: