- NCET2: University Startups Showcase & Conference — Washington, DC (March 10-12, 2015)
- Southeast Investor & Venture Philanthropy Oncology Summit 2015 — Durham, NC (May 5, 2015)
- Meet with NCI SBIR at JLABS Bay Area — San Francisco, CA (May 8, 2015)
NCET2 University Startups Conference & Global 1000 Meet/Partner/Deal — Washington, DC
March 10–12, 2015
Washington Convention Center
801 Mt Vernon Place NW
Washington, DC 20001
This year's event will bring together two conferences to share best practices on creating and funding university startups, showcase world-class startups from a diverse array of portfolios including angel investors, incubators and SBIRs, and to provide great dealflow for angel investors and venture capitalists.
On Wednesday, March 11, from 3:15 to 3:45 p.m., Dr. Christie Canaria, from the NCI SBIR Development Center, will represent the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in a government panel session featuring representatives from the National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E) on Innovation Corps (I-Corps) Partnerships.
- Christie Canaria, AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellow, NCI SBIR
- Babu DasGupta, Lead Program Director, I-Corps, NSF
- Francis Barros, SBIR Program Analyst, DHS
- Nathaniel Gorence, Technology-to-Market Advisor, ARPA-E
To participate in the event, please visit the event's registration page. Registration fees apply.
Southeast Investor & Venture Philanthropy Oncology Summit 2015 — Durham, NC
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
North Carolina Biotechnology Center
15 T.W. Alexander Drive
Durham, NC 27709
The Southeast Investor & Venture Philanthropy Oncology Summit will provide you with an exclusive opportunity to hear from and connect directly with more than 30 prominent oncology-focused companies to form valuable connections that can lead to important partnerships in advancing cancer-fighting innovations. The Summit is designed for investors and strategic partners including pharmaceutical and device companies, VCs, and philanthropic organizations that fund innovative cancer-related technologies.
Key components of the day will include:
- Twelve podium presentations by selected NCI-awarded companies that have been competitively reviewed and selected by industry leaders
- Panel discussion highlighting top foundations in the oncology field
- Poster presentations by additional promising private oncology companies
- Remarks from NCI SBIR leadership regarding key initiatives
- Lunch, an evening reception, and other networking opportunities
- One-on-one partnering meetings
You must register to attend this event. To register, please click here to visit the event page. Please note, the early bird registration ends April 5, 2015.
Meet with NCI SBIR at JLABS Bay Area — San Francisco, CA
Friday, May 8, 2015
10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS
329 Oyster Point Blvd. South
San Francisco, CA 94080
NCI SBIR Development Center Program Director Dr. Ming Zhao will be discussing how the SBIR & STTR Programs can help advance the commercialization of new cancer innovations at JLABS Bay Area on May 8.
During this session, Dr. Zhao will cover:
- An overview of SBIR & STTR eligibility requirements.
- The NIH SBIR & STTR process and new cancer-focused grant funding opportunities from NCI.
- New NCI SBIR & STTR initiatives such as NIH Innovation Corps (I-Corps™) Team Training Pilot Program.
- The NCI Investor Forum to help NCI SBIR-funded companies to connect with investors, venture capitalists, strategic partners, and business leaders from the biotech and pharmaceutical industries.
- Practical strategies on how to successfully submit competitive research proposals.
Following the presentation selected companies will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with Dr. Ming Zhao. To be considered for a one-on-one meeting, please contact Brittany Connors at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30 with your name, company name, and a short executive summary.
Fees (includes presentation, Q&A, and lunch):
- General Public: $25
- Onsite: $35