- Meet with NCI SBIR at American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) 2014 Annual Meeting – San Diego, CA (April 6-10, 2014)
- NCI SBIR Programs Support Technology Innovation for Cancer Detection and Treatment – with Insight Genetics – NCI SBIR-Sponsored Session at American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) 2014 Annual Meeting – San Diego, CA (April 8, 2014)
- Meet with Leaders from the NCI SBIR Program – Cambridge, MA (May 1, 2014)
- 2014 National SBIR & STTR Conference – National Harbor, MD (June 16–18, 2014)
Meet with NCI SBIR at American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) 2014 Annual Meeting – San Diego, CA
April 6-10, 2014
Exhibit Booth #1401
Connect with NCI SBIR Program staff at the NCI Exhibit Booth #1401 throughout the AACR 2014 Annual Meeting to discuss ways to leverage the NCI SBIR & STTR Programs and to have questions answered. NCI SBIR will participate in Meet the Experts sessions at the times listed below.
Sunday, April 6
- 2:00pm (PDT): High-Level Overview of NCI Small Business Programs – Moving Novel, New Cancer Products to the Market – Greg Evans, Program Director & Team Leader
- 3:30pm (PDT): Introduction to NCI SBIR & STTR Programs – Christie Canaria, AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellow
- 4:00pm (PDT): Informational Session on NCI SBIR & STTR Phase IIB Bridge Award and Direct– to– Phase II Pilot Programs – Andrew Kurtz, Program Director & Team Leader
Monday, April 7
- 11:30am (PDT): NCI SBIR & STTR One-on-One Informational Sessions to Cover Therapeutic Products – Todd Haim, Program Director
Tuesday, April 8
- 10:30am-12:00pm (PDT): NCI SBIR Programs Support Technology Innovation for Cancer Detection and Treatment – with Insight Genetics. Featuring Michael Weingarten, Director & Andrew Kurtz, Program Director & Team Leader from the NCI SBIR Development Center (see more event details below)
- 2:00pm (PDT): NCI SBIR Funding Opportunities and Practical Strategies on Applying – Ming Zhao, Program Director
NCI SBIR Programs Support Technology Innovation for Cancer Detection and Treatment – with Insight Genetics – NCI SBIR-Sponsored Session at American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) 2014 Annual Meeting – San Diego, CA
April 8, 2014
10:30am – 12:00pm (PDT)
Room 28 D
San Diego Convention Center
111 W Harbor Dr, San Diego, CA
The NCI SBIR Development Center will be sponsoring a session titled "NCI SBIR Programs Support Technology Innovation for Cancer Detection and Treatment – with Insight Genetics" at AACR 2014. The session will highlight the valuable resources provided through the SBIR Development Center, as well as a case study of a company – Insight Genetics – that has successfully utilized the SBIR program to develop and advance their companion diagnostic technology to meet the needs of cancer patients.
In this session, experts and leaders from the NCI SBIR Development Center and SBIR awardee Insight Genetics will discuss:
- Funding opportunities for small businesses and academic partners.
- Program eligibility and tips on how to develop a strong application for SBIR & STTR.
- Programs that NCI SBIR offers to facilitate access to federal resources and processes pivotal to the commercialization and clinical adoption of cancer technologies.
- Special NCI initiatives to support R&D and pre-clinical work.
Registration is free for this SBIR session only. If you are planning on attending the rest of the AACR meeting, regular conference registration fees apply. Please visit the conference registration page for more information.
Meet with Leaders from the NCI SBIR Program – Cambridge, MA (May 1, 2014)
May 1, 2014
8:30am — 12:00pm ET
*One–on–one meetings: 12:00 — 3:00pm ET
700 Main Street
The National Cancer Institute Small Business Innovation Research (NCI SBIR) Development Center has some exciting new developments–ones you may not have heard about yet. Join representatives from NCI SBIR at Janssen Labs in Cambridge, MA, on May 1, 2014, to hear about new opportunities and initiatives that could help your company move one step closer to commercialization.
Michael Weingarten will talk about the latest opportunities, including the new direct–to–Phase II solicitation for venture–backed businesses and the new Bridge Award for matching post–Phase II investments by non–federal investors. Andrew Kurtz will offer tips for a successful application, and Todd Haim will join the group for the Q&A session. A networking lunch will follow.
There will also be an opportunity for selected companies to meet one–on–one with the NCI SBIR Development Center directors in the afternoon.
- Register for the presentation and networking lunch. The registration deadline is April 30, 2014, and the fee $25.
- Apply for a one–on–one meeting with an SBIR representative. The application deadline is April 17, 2014. Free to apply, $25 fee for accepted companies.
2014 National SBIR & STTR Conference – National Harbor, MD
June 16–18, 2014
Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD
The National SBIR & STTR Conference is co-located with the 3rd Annual National Innovation Summit and Showcase and the 17th Annual TechConnect World Conference, representing one of the largest multi-sector conferences for government leaders, technology innovators, investors, and business developers. Attendees will hear from government, industry and academic experts on successful commercialization strategies, as well as learn about opportunities in defense, agriculture, energy, and health & medicine. View the complete agenda.
This year's conference will also offer:
- Presentations from all SBIR Agency Program Managers.
- Tips on how to successfully submit competitive research proposals.
- Interaction with SBIR Agency Program Managers, technology entrepreneurs, large company representatives, and researchers in roundtable discussions, sessions and one-on-one meetings.
- Optional pre-conference workshops on SBIR Phase I, Phase II and licensing and commercialization.
Register early to save! Early-bird registration rates of $395 are available until April 18, 2014.