- Meet with the NCI SBIR Program – Minneapolis (September 16, 2014)
- Workshop: NIH Funding for Technology Commercialization – Madison (September 18, 2014)
- Meet with the NCI SBIR Program – New Brunswick, NJ (September 19, 2014)
- 2014 NIH SBIR/STTR Conference – Albuquerque, NM (October 21–23, 2014)
- 2014 SBIR Investor Forum – Santa Clara, CA (November 13, 2014)
Meet with the NCI SBIR Program – Minneapolis
September 16, 2014
9:00am – 10:00am CT
Cancer and Cardiovascular Research Building
2231 6th St.
University of Minnesota, Biomedical Discovery District
During this session, NCI SBIR Program Director Patti Weber will provide an update on recently released funding opportunities available to small businesses as well as tips on strengthening your application.
Additionally, the presentation will provide valuable information on NCI’s other initiatives including the NCI SBIR Bridge Award, the NCI SBIR Investor Forum, and I-Corps™ at NIH. Get all of your questions answered during the Q&A session following the presentation.
Patti will also be holding one-on-one sessions. For more information and to register, please click here.
Workshop: NIH Funding for Technology Commercialization – Madison
September 18, 2014
8:30am – 12:00pm CT
MGE Innovation Center
510 Charmany Drive
At this workshop, attendees will learn about the NIH’s Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Programs. Along with expert CTC Consultants, this workshop will feature Patricia Weber, NCI Program Director, who will offer essential information on succeeding at obtaining SBIR/STTR funding to commercialize your research.
- 8:30–9:00 – Registration and light breakfast
- 9:00–12:00 – Morning Program
- Introductions to SBIR and the CTC
- Lean Startup and Customer Validation
- Wisconsin Success Story: How We Did It
- How to Compete for NIH SBIR Grants – Dr. Patricia Weber
- 12:00 on – One-to-one consulting with NIH and CTC Consultants available
Meet with the NCI SBIR Program – New Brunswick, NJ
September 19, 2014
NJEDA Commercialization Center
675 US Highway One
North Brunswick, NJ 08902
This seminar will provide participants with an overview of the SBIR and STTR programs with a focus on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and its two largest institutes, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID). During the seminar, NCI SBIR Program Director Todd Haim will provide an update on recently released funding opportunities available to small businesses.
One-on-one slots are available. To reserve a slot, email firstname.lastname@example.org, after you register for the event, with a one-page overview of your technology, including what you’d like to accomplish with SBIR funding. Overviews must be received by Monday, September 15.
There is a registration fee of $45. The fee will increase to $60 after September 17, so reserve your spot today!
2014 NIH SBIR/STTR Conference – Albuquerque, NM
October 21–23, 2014
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
2600 Louisiana Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107
The 16th Annual NIH Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Conference will be held from October 21 — 23 at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown. The NIH SBIR/STTR conference helps small businesses in the life science sector learn more about the approximate $700 million dollars of annual NIH funding that is available to forge academic partnerships and build new businesses based on recently developed biotechnology.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Understand NIH SBIR/STTR program and funding opportunities
- Learn about the NIH application, review, and award process
- Take advantage of one-on-one and networking opportunities
- Learn about other agencies' SBIR/STTR programs
- Discuss with the NIH, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, and the Food and Drug Administration opportunities for small business to pursue research opportunities that have the potential to turn into products and services that could improve the health of Americans
Register early to save! Early-bird registration rates of $350 are available until August 22, 2014.
The agenda, registration and other conference information are available at the conference website: http://sbir2014.com/.
2014 SBIR Investor Forum
November 13, 2014
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Santa Clara, CA 95051
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Development Center will host the day-long 2014 NCI SBIR Investor Forum on November 13, 2014 in Santa Clara, CA. Join top SBIR-funded companies and nearly 200 investors, venture capitalists, and strategic partners for a day of networking and presentations from the top SBIR-funded companies with innovative cancer-related technologies on the brink of commercialization.
Check back for more information!