The NCI SBIR Investor Forum was an exclusive opportunity for 14 NCI funded companies in the diagnostic, therapeutic and devices sector to showcase their technology and have one-on-one sessions with investors and strategic partners. Each of the 14 companies was carefully chosen by an independent panel of experts, selected for strength of research, impact on cancer, product development and market potential. The event was beneficial to both small businesses.
- Small business presented and networked with over 150 investors and potential strategic partners.
- Investors evaluated NCI’s top companies with innovative technologies and engaged in exclusive one-on-one meetings.
Over 150 leading investors and top pharmaceutical and medical device companies attended the event. View a full list of attending organizations.
Feedback from attendees was overwhelmingly positive, with an overwhelming majority (84%) of attendees stating that they made important business contacts. Over 90% of the presenting companies met their goal of connecting with investors as well as NCI staff.
- “It was also an opportunity to potentially scout for some new technologies, and I think it was a great networking opportunity as well."
- Alfred Concemi, Director of Business Development, AngioDynamics
- “I was very impressed with your choice of companies. The mix of stages was ideal.”
- Sarah Bodary, Partner, SV Life Sciences
- “I found the meeting very productive for new contacts and leads as well as insights on the upcoming Bridge process. Great conference, thanks for hosting”
- Robin Jackman, President & CEO, Zacharon
To receive updates and details on the 2010 NCI SBIR Investor Forum, visit the NCI SBIR Web site, or sign-up to receive e-updates.